Table of Contents
This information was extracted from the V.Smile Motion schematics which was (accidentally?) published by the FCC with the certification for the console.
Local copy of the document: vsmile-motion-schematics.pdf
The use of Port A changes a bit on various generations of machines
- IOA0: SPI clock
- IOA1: MOSI
- IOA2: MISO
- IOA3: Busy
- IOA4: Chip select
- IOA11: Only a pull down resitor?
- IOA12: Only a test point on the motherboard?
- IOA0-IOA11: LCD STN interface
- IOA13: LCD backlight control
- IOA14: Read as 0 according to notes in V.Smile Motion schematics
ROM and cartridge
- IOB0: extra address bit for the cartridge port, access second half of ROM
- IOB1: Set to 0 to enable cartridge ROM
- IOB2: Set to 0 to enable internal ROM
- IOB3: Labelled “RESTART”, not used?
- IOB4: “A/D”, related to the ADC?
- IOB5: Voltage detect (ADC measurement of battery level or power supply)
- IOB6: Pulled to ground by the ON button
- IOB7: Pulled to ground by the OFF button
IOC4: if 1: show logo animation at boot
- IOC6: audio output enable
- IOC7: Power control
- IOC8: Controller A clear to send (to controller)
- IOC9: Controller B clear to send (to controller)
- IOC10: Controller A request to send (from controller)
- IOC12: Controller B request to send (from controller)
- IOC13: UART Rx (from controller)
- IOC14: UART Tx (to controller)
- IOC15: Controller power?